What is Medication Therapy Management?
BCBSAZ offers eligible members the opportunity to participate in a Medication Therapy Management Program (MTMP) at no cost. This free service would assist those enrollees with chronic diseases, and helps them avoid medication related problems, taking unnecessary medications and find cost savings. A pharmacist will review your medication list to make sure the medications are working for you.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
The MTM Program is offered only to BCBSAZ enrollees who meet ALL of the criteria below:
- You must have at least three of the conditions below:
- Chronic Heart Failure (CHF)
- Dyslipidemia (high cholesterol)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- And you are taking 7 or more Part D prescription medications on a regular basis.
- The projected yearly cost for your prescription drugs is more than $4,255 during the calendar year.
How Do I Participate?
Should you meet the criteria, someone from BCBSAZ will call you to schedule an appointment with a pharmacist. Or you can call BCBSAZ Member Services for more information. TTY users should call 711.
Do I Have to Participate?
The program is voluntary so you can decline to participate but we strongly suggest that you take advantage of this opportunity to better understand your medications. If you choose, you may opt out at any time by calling Pharmacy Services at (877) 909-7057. TTY users should call 711.
What Will I Receive?
After meeting with the pharmacist you will receive, by mail, the information below:
- Personal Medication List which will help you keep track of your medications and how to use them the right way. Your medication list will include the following information:
- The name of the medication.
- How you take it.
- Why you take it.
- The Prescribing Doctor.
- Personal Medication Action Plan based on your conversation with the pharmacist.
- A written description of what you and the pharmacist agreed will be communicated to your doctor.