BCBSAZ Advantage offers classes to our members at no cost. These classes provide you with information to help you maintain and achieve a healthier lifestyle.
BCBSAZ Advantage Preventive Services
Chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes are some of the leading causes of death and disability in the U.S.
Although these chronic diseases are among the most common and costly health problems, they are also some of the most preventable.
BCBSAZ Advantage is committed to providing the full range of preventive services and screenings to address chronic diseases. As a member of a Blue Medicare Advantage plan, you can receive these Medicare-covered services with applicable co-payments. Please consult your Evidence of Coverage for specific co-payments.
- Cardiovascular Disease Screening
- Cancer Screenings - Breast (Mammography), Cervical & Vaginal (Pap Test & Pelvic Exam), Colorectal and Prostate
- Diabetes Self Management/Education classes by calling (480) 684-7749. No Primary Care Physician referral is necessary.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Initial Preventive Physical Exam or Annual Wellness Visit as provided by your Primary Care Physician (PCP). Upon completion of your annual preventive health examination, your PCP will ensure that all appropriate screenings are ordered.
- Bone Mass Measurements
- Adult Immunizations
- Influenza (Flu)
- Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine (PPV)
- Hepatitis B Virus (HBV)
- Glaucoma Screening