What is Medication Therapy Management?
BCBSAZ offers eligible members the opportunity to participate in a Medication Therapy Management Program (MTMP) at no cost. A pharmacist will review your medication list to make sure the medications are working for you. This free service would assist enrollees with chronic conditions, and helps them avoid medication errors, taking unnecessary medications and find cost saving alternatives.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
The MTM Program is a voluntary service offered only to BCBSAZ enrollees who meet ALL of the criteria below:
Have at least 3 of the conditions below:
- Chronic Heart Failure (CHF)
- Dyslipidemia (high cholesterol)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) or Asthma
- Take 8 or more Part D prescription medications regularly.
- The projected yearly cost for your prescription drugs is more than $4,376 in 2021 and $4,696 in 2022 during the calendar year. (This includes what you pay and the plan pays)
How Do I Participate?
If you meet the criteria, you will receive a welcome packet and a call from a pharmacist to schedule an appointment with a pharmacist.
Do I Have to Participate?
The program is voluntary, you may decline to participate; however, we highly encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity to better understand your medications. If you choose, you may opt out at any time by calling Pharmacy Services at 1-844-866-3735. TTY users should call 711.
What Will I Receive?
After receiving a call with the pharmacist you will receive, by mail, the information below:
Personal Medication List which will help you keep track of your medications and how to use them the right way. Your medication list will include the following information:
- The name of the medication.
- How you take it.
- Why you take it.
- The Prescribing Doctor.
- Personal Medication Action Plan based on your conversation with the pharmacist.
- A written description of what you and the pharmacist agreed will be communicated to your doctor.