This Is Where Quality, Value, And Service Are Recognized
The Stars are awarded by CMS based on how well plans perform in 32 different topics in five categories for health services, including:
- Keeping members healthy (screenings, tests and vaccinations)
- Managing long-term conditions
- Plan responsiveness and care
- Handling member complaints and solving problems
- Telephone customer service
For drug plans, the score is based on 15 different topics in 4 categories, including:
- Drug plan customer service
- Handling drug plan member complaints
- Member satisfaction
- Drug pricing and patient safety
Where Do The Ratings Come From?
The ratings are based on several sources, including:
- Member surveys by CMS
- Information from clinicians
- Information submitted by the individual plans
- Monitoring activities by CMS
- Billing reviews
To see a more detailed report of the plan rating, visit www.Medicare.gov.
Disclaimer: Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-Star Rating system. Star Ratings are assessed each year and may change from one year to the next.