Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Advantage Earned 4.5 out of 5 Stars!
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released their quality rankings for Medicare Advantage plans, and BCBSAZ Advantage is proud to have earned 4.5 stars out of a possible 5 for 2014.
The Stars are awarded on how well plans perform in 36 different topics in five categories for health services, including:
- Keeping members healthy (screenings, tests and vaccinations)
- Managing long-term conditions
- Plan responsiveness and care
- Handling member complaints and solving problems
- Telephone customer service
For drug plans, the score is based on 17 different topics in 4 categories, including:
- Drug plan customer service
- Handling drug plan member complaints
- Member satisfaction
- Drug pricing and patient safety
Where Do The Ratings Come From?
The ratings are based on several sources, including:
- Member surveys by CMS
- Information from clinicians
- Information submitted by the individual plans
- Monitoring activities by CMS
- Billing reviews
What Do The 4.5 Stars Mean For You?
The rating gives you a single summary score that makes it easy for you to compare plans based on quality and performance. According to the CMS, higher quality means better care and value. So with 4.5 out of 5 stars, you can be confident that’s exactly what you’ll get with BCBSAZ Advantage.
To see a more detailed report of the plan rating, visit www.Medicare.gov.
Disclaimer: Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-Star Rating system. Star Ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next.